Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thirsty Thursday

Guys, I had the funkiest experience last week.

Sorry for yet another Naked Wines pimp-out, just like my VISA Signature schmoozefest last year, but this particular event rocked the Riedel.

OK, first, full disclosure: Tonight is Halloween, and, suburban as we are, we are getting the hell out of Dodge. Unlike in our former digs in the Seattle ‘burb of White Center (as the local sign shop printed, “Not So Center, Not So White”), we have run out of candy 3 years running.

But when the 12-year-old punk demanded, last year, that I put more swag into his pillowcase, I was done.

Dude, I lived in Beverly Hills on more than a couple of Halloweens, where it seemed that parents would bus their kids in, thinking that the residents were handing out Faberge Eggs or insured jewelry.

So, tonight, I’m turning the lights off. I hope that FedEx makes the scheduled delivery before dusk so that the now-13-year-old punk will not find our house as his gateway from theobromine to extortion.

But, I digress. Now, that funky-fresh thang I mentioned at the top of the page.

So, we’re doing a virtual-time tasting with the winemaker.

Matt Iaconis has spent time all around the globe, on his quest to make his own juice from the sources that presented themselves to his singular vision.

A Moscato from Lodi; Chard from Napa; and a Cab from Paso Robles: East, North and South. With Instant Messaging remarks from all over the country.

There’s video with our Naked Wines host, Adam, audio from same and Matt, and IM questions read onscreen by videographer extraordinaire Vanessa.

Great questions, and great wine.

Kath and I can’t decide which is better: hunched over a QWERTY or a quaff.

No comments:

Post a Comment